Monday, October 7, 2013

Eggplant Stack (Modified)

Bare with me folks this is my very first blog post EVER. Thanks for stoppin' by! 

Okay, so I had this eggplant and never cooked with it before. I typed in "Eggplant Paleo" and Google knew what I needed: http://everydaypaleo.com/roasted-eggplant-stacks/

I used Sarah's idea for eggplant stacks and modified it to suit my needs. Can we say YUM?! it turned out great!
-Eggplant slices brushed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, sprinkled with parmesian (Very Lightly), broiled for 5 minutes each side.
-Topped with sliced tomatoes, then a layer of baby spinach (quickly suateed)
-The meat patty is half mild Italian sausage and half turkey with a little garlic, chicken stock, and pepper added to the mix. I pan cooked it with a little coating of Olive oil to prevent initial sticking.
-Then another layer of tomatoes
-Top it with a fried egg where the yolk is still soft
EAT! :-)

Thanks Sarah and Everyday Paleo for the roasted eggplant stack idea. Pure genius!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment